Saturday, August 12, 2006

One Day at a Time

Rosalie's cultures grew back for Staph Epi which means they will treat her with a specific antibiotic: Vancomycin. The course of this antibiotic will be ten days.

Rosalie also had another blood transfusion today to boost her hemoglobin. It's amazing to watch her face pinken almost instantaneously.

She will begin to receive a drug called GCSF which boosts white blood cell production.

There is a whole world of medicine that I did not know even existed before Rosalie was diagnosed. It's not a world that I wish on anyone, but thank goodness it is here for when we need it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

THINKING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOU ALL

KEEP BREATHING, MOMMY AND DADDY.

my best
Laura Glicken

Anonymous said...

Two steps forward, one back, two more...I guess this process is all about faith, not fear. Faith, not fear. I'll keep thinking and saying that for you all from the other coast. And this weekend, when I'm walking around Alford Lake, I'll be sending every bit of good ALC spirit I can muster towards the Reibel crew! Love, Elisabeth Snell

Anonymous said...

We know your heart is courageous and you're persevering step by step, every single day. We love you and are sending hopeful, healing, thoughts and prayers to Rosalie.

Much Love,
Sarah and Jeff

fibby said...

I love you all so much and am thinking of you every day. Sorry I can't be there to play with Rosie and Elmo at UCSF. And you will DEFINITELY be there with us in spirit this weekend at ALC.

In case I don't get online again this week, Happy (early) Birthday to Rosie!!!

Anonymous said...

Ralphie and I went to give blood today. However, after a two hour wait, we were denied. Ralphie is a universal donor but he has traveled to remote towns in Mexico within the past year (actually, he just arrived back from Mazatlán on Thursday) and I don't qualify because of the 110 lb. limit to donate. I will ask my sister and family here to help though instead. Thanks for the link. Conchita

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! One day at a time and very soon sweet Rosie will be back home with Mom and Dad and little sis.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Still sending love to mom, dad, susanah and rosalie. XOXO

Nicki