Saturday, September 16, 2006

Clarification

I just want to clarify that we are not abandoning chemotherapy and radiation in favor of alternative options. I seemed to have confused some of our friends in a previous posting. This is just our entree to "complementary therapy" which works, of course, as a complement - not a substitute.

We are looking at alternative therapy to (a) help Rosalie handle all that is happening to her system with the chemo and radiation, (b) think of ways to sustain an anti-cancer environment in her body when all the treatment is finished, and (c) find ways to enable Rosalie's brain and motor function to keep progressing.

Hope that clears things up!

Oh - and we are open to any suggestions that people may have based on their own experience.

Thanks :)

--Carolyn
__________________________________

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let us know if we can do anything to support the complementary therapy. I admire your dedication to getting Rosalie totally-well. Much Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarification!
I was worried, and was not sure what to do about.
With all my love
Catherine Braunstein

Karen and Brian said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary, Carolyn and Mark! We know this year has been challenging, but you are doing great. Thank goodness you are tackling this with the help, strength and love of one another.

Lots of love,
Karen and Brian Caruth

fibby said...

Thanks for the tip, Karen & Brian!

Happy Anniversary to you both, Carolyn and Mark! Sending you so so so much love and strength from afar. You are amazing people and amazing parents, and I hope you make time to celebrate how wonderful you are as a couple.

Much love,
Phoebe

Epicurean Zealot said...

Much love and thoughts from Spain. We have another friend who is also battling cancer right now and he was instructed to take on a totally sugar-free diet. I am a big fan of this concept, as I´ve had my own issues with it. A good idea for the whole family, I am sure!

Adam & Julie