Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NG is out

Last Thursday we removed Rosalie's NG tube. It has been a long period of recovery for Rosalie to regain her ability to chew and swallow - but she is eating like a champ now. Also, this week's swallow study confirmed that she is eating and drinking with no signs of aspiration.

We know that the NG tube could be replaced if (a) her appetite is suppressed once we start chemo again or (b) she is unable to get enough hydration. But for the moment we are very hopeful. Hooray!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hip, hip, hooray...Three cheers for Rosalie!! I'm thankful that the NG's out.
XOXO,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I am sure none of us are more hopeful and happy right now than little Rosalie--here's to pizza...and ice cream...and avocados...and pasta...and exciting steamed rice :)
love, maryetta

fibby said...

Wahoo! for no NG tube!!! A whole new world of photos awaits... :-)

Casey and Jeff said...

I see some good food in Rosalie's future. Just in time for Thanksgiving! Will be thinking of you guys.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Congrats on the NG tube removal! And on welcoming Elise to the family. I just noticed her birth date - Carolyn, my due date was Nov. 9, 04! And Mary visited UCSF around the same time in her pregnancy that I did, but she got out! It's a Fischer/Struthers-Reibel connection. Have a great Thanksgiving. Kisse from Will & Jillian.

-Karen

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that there is no need for a tube anymore! I remember when you set that goal last time I saw you!

Rosalie you look beautifu!!!

Joanna

Anonymous said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Joanna

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving treat - hope the mashed potatos and pumpkin pie tasted delicious :). Much love to you all,
Lindsey