Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Chemo Continues

Life with chemotherapy has sunk in again. We are back to the drill of blood draws twice a week, taking her temp if she feels a little warm, and doing our best to keep her nourished and hydrated.

Her hair is beginning to fall out again. You may have noticed from the photos that her hair was beginning to grow back. But we've noticed that it is thinning again. Chemo's a-workin'.

I became concerned because a number of people who see her on a regular basis had mentioned that her eyes seemed "off" again. At first I did not worry considering the fact that her eyes were totally crossed post-surgery. But then I thought, "Wait a second, if this were Susannah and suddenly her eyes were crooked I would freak out." So I called our doctor who made me feel much better. My fear was that this was a sign of tumor growing back, but our oncologist said she sees this happen all the time with brain tumor patients who are just fatigued and down from the chemo. Plus, she reminded me that Rosalie is fighting a virus, so her body is just working hard right now. Again, the motor functions I used to take for granted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C, is this an A month or a B month? Do you notice a difference yet? That bunch of fierce will inside that little juicy girl will never fail to amaze me, but just in case she and your family needs a boost, I'll keep saying prayers for you. Sweet dreams from the East Coast. Elisabeth Snell