Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Anniversary of Surgery

I promise that we won't have an anniversary for every single moment of Rosalie's past year, but surgery was a pretty big one. As most of you know, Rosalie has a post-operative syndrome as a result of her surgery that has forced her to re-learn all motor activity.

I thought you would all like to see how hard she is working at getting back on her feet. Last week she was fitted for a gait trainer which will help her re-learn the motion of proper ambulation. The gait trainer is illustrated in the first four photos. We are praying that everything goes smoothly with our insurance so that she can get one as soon as possible. The fifth photo shows Rosalie with her occupational therapist, Amy. In the photo, Amy is having Rosalie strengthen her upper body which will lead to better fine motor skills.


Smiles for her Physical Therapist, Elaine

Up . . .

Up . . .

And away!!

Rosalie with her Occupational Therapist, Amy

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Rosalie's gettin' stronger all the time. We're cheering for you all!

Hugs,
Sarah and Jeff

JJ said...

It's just amazing what Rosie and you guys have done in one year! I admire your strength and dedication. And I look forward to all the great milestones to come in year two!

Anonymous said...

Rosalie loves to exercise, what a lovely smile!
Go Rosalie!
Catherine B.

Anonymous said...

Go Rosie! Looking awesome.

xo
Nica