Wednesday, December 19, 2007

MRI Tomorrow Morning

Rosalie has an MRI of the brain tomorrow morning.

It is a scheduled MRI. She will have them every three months for the first two years off treatment.

This will be the first time since May '06 that she will have to use the mask for induction of her anesthesia. You might remember that she had a central line for about 17 months, so it made anesthesia quite easy. We have been trying to get her used to the mask by playing with it at home. We've been playing with stuffed animals and pretending to put each other to sleep with the mask. So I am really hoping that she isn't scared tomorrow.

Well, I have to admit that I hate the fact we put little Rosalie through this very strenuous treatment protocol and there are still no guarantees. In the day to day I don't think much about the fact that the cancer could potentially come back. But on MRI days, I think about it a lot. I don't like waiting for the results. On the other hand, I know that Rosalie has done very well for over a year now. And as time marches on the risk of recurrence decreases.

Please join me in praying that Rosalie has been cured for good. Pray that these MRIs serve not to scare us, but to inform us of good news. Pray for safe and smooth anesthesia. And pray that Rosalie continues to face these medical procedures with courage, smiles, and a child's enthusiasm.

Results will not be back until late afternoon (4pm appointment); we will let you know the results as soon as we can.

LOVE,
Carolyn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of positive energy for a smooth and successful procedure coming your way!!!! Hugs, Sabine

fibby said...

Wish I was there to be with you while you play the waiting game. I am sending so so so much love and strength to all the Reibels and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!

Anonymous said...

We're praying and will continue to do so. Stay strong, as hard as that may be at times.

xoxo
Jenn & Rob

Anonymous said...

Praying hard for tiny Rosie and her superhuman huge strength. Much love,
Elisabeth Snell

JJ said...

Lots of love to all of you! I'll be thinking of you all day.