Today the UCSF physicians had tumor board. Rosalie's radiation oncologist Dr. Haas-Kogan had a meeting with us directly afterwards to relay what the board is recommending. They are unamimously recommending full cranial spinal radiation with follow-up chemotherapy. Their rationale: radiation has proven the best cure for medulloblastoma. For children over the age of three, full cranial spinal radiation is the first line of defense. Because Rosalie was so young when she was diagnosed it was not presented as a viable treatment option.
The second part of our conversation will be with Dr. Banerjee, Rosalie's neuro-oncologist, tomorrow afternoon. She will explain the details of the follow-up chemotherapy they are recommending.
We are feeling empowered by the fact that a known cure is in our arsenal.
Rosalie continues to amaze us with her great strength and amazing attitude.
We know that we have been blessed with a remarkable child who can take this challenge head on.
As Daphne (Dr. Haas-Kogan) said, we are up a small creek right now, not a gigantic one, and Rosalie can certainly do this.
17 comments:
We like small creeks. Good news.
(Look at that smile on that gorgeous face!)
xo
Nicole
Don't forget your Motto: WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
Sending hugs, strength, love, everything I can think of,
Casey
You go Rosie!!
So glad to hear it's a small creek.
As always, we send our love.
Look at that smile! What a strong, beautiful little girl!
We can do it!!!
Love love love love to all of you -
Phoebe
I am happy to hear the promising news.
With you I am hoping for the best.
Go Rosalie!
Catherine Braunstein
So glad to hear there is a plan!
What a beautiful little girl. Go Rosie Go!
Sending lots of love,
Carrie
If anyone can overcome this, it's Rosalie. What a strong spirit and a beautiful smile she has! Her strength and spirit are also a testament of your great parenting. You all continue to amaze me. You are in our thoughts and prayers always.
-Robyn and David
Up a small creek with an arsenal of paddles!! We can definitely do this! Missing you all and thinking of you guys all the time...
xoxo paula
Rosalie's a beautiful and strong girl, and you are a loving and incredible family....We can do it!
Love,
Sarah and Jeff
If anyone can do it, it's team Reibel!! Go team Reibel!!
Team Sell
Carolyn, Mark, I am sure this is filled with memories of how this news felt the first time around. But you have such an arsenal of courage, knowledge, hope - and best of all, a daughter that is one tough, sparkly, cookie. I am sending every good vibe I can muster.
With so much love, Elisabeth
We are behind you 100 percent. Roxie is a trooper and we believe she will conquer all! We love and miss you. Good, healthy energy and much love!
xoxo,
Ali, Erick and Cate
I keep reading and re-reading your post praying and wishing it wasnt true! Rosalie is a fighter! You are all in my thoughts and I'm always only a phone call away! XO
You CAN and WILL beat this, dear Rosie! Good energy and love your way--always. Love Kris and Hunt
Tons of prayers heading your way, Rosie and family! With love, Kate
Hello Reibels
I am so happy to hear how hopeful the team is on a cure for Rosie!!! We will all be here to help you paddle back down that small creek!
Amber
We Can Do It!
Post a Comment