Rosalie was admitted to the hospital yesterday because she had a very high fever. Even though her white blood cell count is good (thank you Neulasta, and thank you insurance for covering Neulasta) we had to stay overnight because she didn't look well.
Radiation was held for today, but she will start up again tomorrow morning if she doesn't have fevers tonight.
I am feeling very out of practice with the whole hospital routine. In the past I had a bag packed and ready at the door for fever emergencies, and I had a standard set of somewhat informed questions to ask the doctors. I find myself listening to the doctors and thinking, "Oh yeah, forgot that part."
Rosalie is doing just fine. The separation between Rosalie and Susannah is more difficult now that they are older and more attached. I don't really think Susannah understands why Rosalie gets/has to stay at the hospital and she stays at home. Susannah and Mark have been coming to the hospital to visit, but she is very sad to leave.
Jonathan, Mary, Anna, and Elise just came out to SF to visit from Brooklyn. We had SUCH a wonderful time with them and it was very special to see the four little girls together. They have clearly made an impression on Rosalie as she has been talking about her cousins all day at the hospital (this picture is for Anna, this play-doh cupcake is for Elise, etc . . .). I will post some photos sometime when I am at home.
Okay - I am very tired. Hospitals, ironically enough, are just about the worst place to get any rest. Rosalie just fell asleep and I need some ZZZZs too.
Keep praying for Rosalie. She is doing great!
Love,
Carolyn
7 comments:
Even though I hate that you have to compare the separation between Rosalie and Susannah (since it means your family is going through this again), I love hearing that they love each other as much as they do. That is such a gift. Love, Elisabeth.
I love hearing about how well Rosie and all of you are doing with this and about the great care you're receiving at the hospital. I think this whole thing helps all of us put things in perspective and not whine about the 'small stuff'. I love the pictures - both Rosie and Susannah are so absurdly beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
I hope you're getting some rest, and we're sending healthful and hopeful thoughts your way. We know that the Reibels can do it!!
Love,
Sarah and Jeff
Hugs to all from afar.
Know there is no way you can have a good night in an hospital!
Just to say that we will pray for the healing of Rosalie tomorrow morning at our small synagogue.
Catherine Braunstein
So many blessings: good doctors, smart parents, loving sisters, powerful prayers from all over the world (including lots from Palo Alto!), and that healing rainbow.
Love and light, The Rosenbergs
“To hope under the most extreme circumstances is an act of defiance that permits a person to live his life on his own terms. It is part of the human spirit to endure and give a miracle a chance to happen.”
Jerome Groopman, M.D., How People Prevail in the Face of Illness: The Anatomy of Hope
Post a Comment