Monday, November 24, 2008

Friends of Jaclyn Foundation

Rosalie is now part of the Friends of Jaclyn network of children. Friends of Jaclyn is a foundation that matches pediatric brain tumor patients with an athletic team.

Here is a little blurb from the foundation's mission statement:
The gift is in the relationship; a child is gaining a loving support network and the team is gaining an insight into the value of life and the power of love. The result of this connection is mutual respect, support, friendship and love.

The child becomes the guest of honor at games and receives supportive text messages, emails and phone calls. Each child that is "adopted" helps to spread knowledge and understanding for pediatric brain tumors. When the athletic community is exposed to the miraculous nature of each child and realizes the hardships that child has to endure, the community is forever changed. The circle of knowledge continues to grow and expand with every child that is adopted.


http://www.friendsofjaclyn.org/index.php/foundation.html

On Friday, Rosalie met her new supporters: the SFSU Softball Team!

Everyone was so friendly and warm to her. They greeted her with smiles and an entire box full of SFSU gear. I know that Rosalie can be overwhelmed easily in crowds. But when I got her out of her car seat she was barely phased by the crowd. She did opt to get out of her walker and hang on to mommy. But she was receptive to the girls' questions and was certainly happy to be at the field.

We are very thankful to the foundation, especially our friend Danny Lam and the foundation's director Dennis Murphy for reaching out to us and asking us to be a part of this charge.

Rosalie is so excited to get to know all her new friends on the SFSU Softball Team.

GO GATORS!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice support group.
I wanted to tell you that in Tennessee we make our part.
Sunday, I was at a Ann Taylor shop that was asking for donations to St Jude Children Hospital. They match your donation.
Thought to Rosie.
Have a happy thanksgiving
Love,
Catherine B

Anonymous said...

This looks so great! Maybe Rosie will grow up to be a killer softball player. (I broke my wrist playing softball and have refused to pick up a bat since.) Happy thanksgiving, Reibels! Elisabeth

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun group! Happy Thanksgiving!

Carrie Gilbert

Bekah said...

That's such a beautiful idea - I love that! Go Rosie!

Anonymous said...

how wonderful that they're the 'Gators' - somehow it shows that FLORIDA is in Rosie's corner too...and now I have a new womens softball team to root for(!)