Friday, November 14, 2008

One Week In

Rosalie began her metronomic dosing of Accutane and Temodar a week ago. We are blessed that she is actually swallowing the gel caps and the capsules. We had some back up methods to use if she couldn't swallow the medication (emptying the capsule into pudding, drawing back the gel cap with a syringe). But she is getting the hang of this. It was pretty unpleasant at first, but now I think she has confidence in herself so she is okay with it. She has to swallow seven pills a day. So kudos to Rosalie!

Today I take her in for her first blood draw. She has no central line so she will need to be poked each time we need blood. I am a little worried that she will start to lose her love for the hospital. But maybe she'll get the hang of this as well. I will say that it's very nice to be sans central line. She can bathe and swim, and she is not at high-risk for infections.


Making ice cream with Dad

At Phoebe's recommendation we tried "Candy Cane Joe-Joe's" from Trader Joe's. Add them to ice cream! Delish.

Rosalie and Mark love their cold confection

I think Susannah liked it too!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Kudo's and then some... learning to swallow pills isn't easy. Way to go Rosie!

xoxo, The Sturgis Family

Anonymous said...

Trader Joe's candy cane joe joes are a favorite in our house! Just make sure you buy lots now, they sell out quickly as the holiday approaches!! Go Rosie, Go Rosie!
Love, Gigi

Karen and Brian said...

SO cute! Looks like Levi wanted to be in on the ice cream making, too! Thanks for posting the beautiful pics!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures as usual from you!
Rosalie is a trooper, she will do it as she always does.
Love,
Catherine B

Anonymous said...

Love the photos - make us feel like we're right there with you guys....

Lots of Love, Paul and Jared

fibby said...

Mmmm! I've got the Candy Cane Joe-Joes - perhaps I need to ask Santa for an ice cream maker...

Anonymous said...

mmmm, homemade ice cream. i love that you made your own.

i noticed in the picture with the girls sitting on the counter how TALL they are. makes me realize how long it has been since I have them. i want to come visit!

hope things keep going well & the girls are having fun with Levi, going to pre-school, and getting excited for the holidays.

take care,
casey & jeff

Anonymous said...

your girlies are absolutely adorable :) it was great seeing you the other weekend! hope to see you and the family some time in the near future!