Thursday, November 18, 2010

Feeling Better

We are feeling good about Rosalie's scan.

The second radiologist has weighed in. He told one of our oncologists, "It looks like a big fat nothing." Not sure if I was supposed to know that - but I don't mind flippant if it works in our favor :)

I emailed our oncologist earlier to ask if cerebrospinal fluid flows to the sacrum of not. I also asked her about how the MRI is conducted. Why did they scan the sacrum this time but not other times? Here is a part of her response:

CSF does flow there.

That area of the thecal sac IS visualized on the sagittal sections in all studies, but axials are only done where we have greater suspicion and are not commonly done in that area. This time they did the axial sections because they thought they saw some irregularity in that area on the sagittal images. They cannot do axial sections through the ENTIRE spine—too time intensive.


Dr. Barkovich looked at Rosie’s scans. He is the God of all Gods, in my opinion. He is NOT WORRIED about the findings.

We will take this as good news!

Hooray!

PS--Rosalie's fever broke easily on Tuesday. She had no fevers during the night and went to school enthusiastically the next morning. I do believe it was her body's way of recovering from anesthesia.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY LOVE TO ALL. SEE YOU SOON

MERRI & POP

fibby said...

Great news! Keep it boring over there, will ya? :-)

Anonymous said...

Great news.
Happy Thanksgiving
Catherine B

Anonymous said...

Always love good news!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

I like expert advice! Love and Kisses, Hunt and Kris

Anonymous said...

Yay! I agree with Pheebs, you must be happy to return to kindergarten hijinks and Teddy trying to keep up with his courageous and cherubic sisters! xo Elisabeth

Val said...

Great news!! Go Rosie! Go Reibels! Here's to continued big fat nothings!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear the good news! Thinking of you - have a great Thanksgiving!

xoxo,
gwen

Anonymous said...

Good news! Happy Thanksgiving!

Lots of Love,
Carrie Gilbert

Anonymous said...

This is great news! Love and kisses from Paris! Aimee, Alexandre and co

Kristin Rude said...

Been a while since I have read your blog - I am so happy she is doing well!! Go Rosalie!

Marsha S. Rose said...

It was so nice to receive your Holiday card. The children look great and we join in sharing your joy. Let us know if you make it to South Florida. I still recall our lunch at Mizner Park. Love,
Marsha and Mark