Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MRI postponed

Rosalie woke up in the middle of the night with a fever of 102. She called my name and somehow I knew the second I walked in her room that she had a fever. I have had a sore throat for two days and I was worried she might catch it. Still, she was sick the week of February 1, so I thought she could be immune to the virus that I now have. She had such a great day yesterday, she walked through the entire grocery store with me in her walker. She had bounding energy. But a nurse in the ER once told me something that I will always remember, kids are totally fine until they're not. They get sick so suddenly.

The anesthesiologists will not give anesthesia to febrile children if it is just a routine scan. This is probably for the best. Still, we were hoping to get this over with. Rosalie is so funny. I have a bad habit of thinking out loud. As I was taking her temperature last night I said out loud, "Okay, no MRI in the morning." And Rosalie started to get so upset "But I want to go to the MRI. I want to go."

She is awake now and is still upset that she can't go. I've said this before, but as happy we are that Rosalie doesn't mind this medical procedure, it seems a little twisted to want to go.

We'll have to postpone the MRI. Offices open at 7:30, I have the phone right here next to me.

Thanks,
Carolyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speedy recovery to both.
Hope it won't spread to the other Reibels
We will wait longer for the results.
Thanks for keeping us posted, love
Catherine B