Nights are hard; the internet is a scary place. Combine the two and you get a toxic situation. I really lost it last night after coming across a memorial website for children with medullablastoma. I thought it was going to be a website of success stories. The gravity of this diagnosis can be so hard to get my arms around.
I called my friend who reminded me that all these feelings are completely natural and come with the territoty. Each case is individual - and everyone we know is pulling for Rosie. She is the same friend who told me to erase the statistics from my head because they'll only eat away at you. That is another good piece of advice.
Rosalie is neutropenic right now, which means her white blood cell counts are very low. It means that we need to make sure that she does not get any sort of infection.
She begins a new week of rehab, and we look forward to seeing how she progresses.
It's nice to have nurses who are on shift every few days because they always note how much better she looks.
I know I keep saying this, but we want to thank everyone for the prayers, for the nourishing dinners, and for the help with Susannah. It means a lot to our family.
5 comments:
hey girl. i'm so sorry you ran across that site. not at all what you needed. rosalie looks so adorable in the photos it's hard to imagine she's not 100%. hang in there and we are thinking of you. love, kathryn and james
Thanks for being open with the ups and downs of this diagnosis. You are such a courageous family and Rosalie is strong.
We are hopeful rehab will progress well this week.
We are thinking of you and sending you lots of hugs and love.
Love, Sarah and Jeff
Don't forget the motto, sweetie...
"We CAN do it!"
and we WILL ! You are not alone. There is so much positive and healing energy out there for Rosie. No statistician can put a number on that! We love you all, and are with you EVERY DAY. Debra, Dave & Sidney
I read every day the progresses and I'm there with you all with head and heart. Give a kiss to Rosalie for me, and I hope to see her rehab soon! Chiara
Hi Rosalie, Have you seen the TV comercial that says "you can do it we can help" ? Well, that's how it is with you and us. I am a friend of your grandma Judy Reibel.Today I spoke with a friend from Providence, RI. who teaches at Salva Regina College in Newport, RI. She and all the nuns and priests there will pray for you. Prayers for you cut across all locations and religions. You are surrounded with prayers and LOVE from all over the world. I and my family send you our Love. 0XOX
Post a Comment