Thursday, July 13, 2006

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends


"Not So" Little Sister Susannah



High 5 Sis!



Cousin Julie and Rosalie's Favorite!



Auntie Carolyn, yeah!

---------
Well, Rosalie is doing better the past few days and has been able to hold down more feeds and seems overall less nauseous. She is still very lethargic due to her blood counts, but she is there and works very hard at rehab and speech therapy. Also, she is able to better sleep through the night, and I even got her to sleep in (9AM) the other morning (normally 6AM) - what a treat for me!

The great news is that we are looking to take Rosalie home August 1st or 2nd. This date works well as it is just after the first 3 days of her next round of chemo, which she must spend in the Hospital anyway. How long to stay in the hospital has always been a balancing act - on one side, the great urgent, round-the-clock care and excellent in-patient therapies, on the other, the benefits of having her home in her comfort zone and our sanity! We feel that we are at a good tipping point and ready for the next challenge. In addition, we are lucky enough to have Nonnie (Mary) coming to stay with us during this transition period.

As I am sure you all can imagine, we are very excited about having our baby back home and the family together again. I think Rosalie will thrive in her own environment. It will take some major adjusting on our part to make sure to remain vigilant about keeping Rosalie as healthy as can be in our home - any fever means a rush to the hospital and a ton of antibiotics (just in case). So, this will mean, no sick visitors and a lot of hand washing - please bear with us.

While we will be working to keep Rosalie safe, we understand the need to afford her the best quality of life during this stressful time.

Stay strong and keep the good vibrations coming......

Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, we can't believe how big Susannah is...They really look like sisters! and sisters who are going to have a great time, fighting about sharing clothes perhaps, but loving each other madly. I know it will be wonderful to have Rosalie home with the family, but I imagine it might be a little scary also. But whatever it is, we know you guys can handle it! You are amazing! Can't wait to see you all! xxxMerri and Harris

Casey and Jeff said...

Hey ya Rosalie

Yay to going home!! I'm watching you on the internet almost every day. You and your sister are getting bigger ... and I hope healthier each day.

XOXOXXOOXXOO
Casey

Anonymous said...

I love Rosie's new look! She looks like a little blondie from the photos right now. Cute! Hugs & Kisses, J