Friday, December 08, 2006

Carolyn - You must ban the internet!

If I've told myself once, I've told myself a thousand times - stay off the internet.

Stop the needless google searches that always end in tears - "medulloblastoma, medulloblastoma prognosis, Collins' risk period, posterior fossa syndrome, etoposide, vincristine, cisplatin, cytoxan, cognitive effects of radiation, etc . . ."

Cancer is a really, really scary disease.

Please, please, please don't ever come back.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, ban the internet. Just look at Rosalie and you'll see her future. She's working hard and it shows. I would love to bring some puppy love to the girls. Think they're up for it? Hugs, Sabine

JJ said...

Hugs! We love you.

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, don't lose hope. And don't forget the Rosie the Riveter Mantra -- We can do it!

-Casey

Anonymous said...

You don't need the Internet for information because you have a crack medical team at the hospital, and you don't need the Internet for support because you have legions of friends and family who love you all and would welcome a midnight phone call. So, yeah, ban it! Hugs from the East Coast.
- Julie & Dan

Anonymous said...

Carolyn...you handled this like a superstar! You are a wonderful role model for all of us esp. Rosie and Susannah! Rosie rocks...the whole Reibel clan rocks!
We love you and we send positive energy and hugs to you and Mark!! xoxox Ali

Sarah said...

We love you and are here for you.
Hugs, Sarah and Jeff

Anonymous said...

POSITIVE THOUGHTS...the power of three mothers, huh Carolyn? I still feel the effects, and am more sure than ever, that Miss Rosie is going to pull through all this like the champ that she is! Stay off the internet...when you need a reminder of the downfall of statistics, give me a call. We can blow poor statistics out of the ballpark. and so will Rosie, as she is a Reibel AND a Struthers! A winning combination.

MUCH love to you, my beautiful, genuine, and loving sister-in-law!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Sending looooooooove, strength & any support I can possibly give...always. Even past midnight! When you get the urge to surf...call instead. More Looooooooove!! -Debra

Anonymous said...

What counts is today, not the Internet, not the past, nor the future... focus on the joy of today and stay strong!

xoxox The Sturgis'

Anonymous said...

It's so hard not to do it - that's the problem with the wealth of information out there at our fingertips. But I am reminded of a quote hanging on the wall of the Center for Grieving Children, a wonderful place at which I used to volunteer: "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the tiny voice inside us, saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" Elisabeth Snell