Thursday, February 22, 2007

Back at UCSF

When Rosalie woke up this morning she felt really warm. Sure enough, she had a high fever so we had to go to the ER. Unfortunately, she is also neutropenic, which means we were admitted.

We will be here for at least 48 hours while they see if her cultures grow out. In the meantime, she will receive antibiotics. I am always reading how it's bad to give your kids too many antibiotics. What a luxury to be able to refuse antibiotics.

There were no more rooms in the regular pediatric oncology part of the floor, so we are in one of the Bone Marrow Transplant rooms. And I am LOVING the fact that there is a computer with internet connection here.

Let's pray that Rosalie doesn't spike any more fevers and that her cultures come back negative.

Go, Rosie!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sending our wishes for Rosie to feel better and cool down. You can do it!!

Hugs,
Sarah and Jeff

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this.
Hope you will be back home soon!
The Reibels are in our thoughts
Catherine B.

fibby said...

Ooh - I've been in those BMT rooms, and they are niiiice. Glad you get to hear you are getting the A-list treatment from UCSF.

Happy, healthy thoughts to all the Reibels -
Phoebe

Anonymous said...

I feel bad every time I hear this kind of news, but I'm sure it's just because the chemio-therapy is working well so this is the way to see "the full half of the bottle". I send you my love and you are always in my preyers and thoughts.
Love Chiara & Co.