

This is very last minute on my part, but I heard on the radio and read in the paper that there is a walk to benefit The Brain Tumor Foundation this Saturday morning at Golden Gate Park.
I will be there holding the Rosalie banner. Please feel free to join me if you would like to take a nice 5K walk through the park. The route is supposedly stroller and wheelchair accessible. I have not set up a formal Team Rosalie. I just want this to be casual. I plan on getting to the start line at 9:45am. If this sounds like fun to you, I'll see you there!
13th Annual Bay Area Angel Adventure
Saturday, May 5, 2007
Registration: 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Walk & Activities: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Golden Gate Park, Speedway Meadow
San Francisco
http://www.braintumor.org/contribute/angel_adventure/california_bay/
4 comments:
FYI: If you want to join the walk, you must pre-register. Carolyn, what's your registered name or participant number if we want to sponsor you?
That's crazy. This isn't the Boston Marathon. I called the walk director and hope to hear back from him or her tomorrow.
In the meantime, I'll look up my number for you.
I hope rosie is doing well. I love reading about her every day!
The director of the race said that you are able to register the morning of the race. She also said, however, that the entry fee is mandatory. I had asked her if any donation would be acceptable. She said that the way they have structured this walk they made a decision to set the fee at $50 for adults, $25 for students, and free for kids.
Post a Comment