Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Let's Get It Started!



Hooray! Rosalie's neutrophil count is high enough to begin her eighth round of maintenance chemotherapy. Your dancing was not in vain.

I've adopted a tone of cautious optimism for this eighth round. While I could write something along the lines of, "This is her LAST round of chemo!" I recognize that this would be counting my chickens before they hatch . The truth is that we need her scans to continue to be clear. Otherwise, we are back to the drawing board. But I couldn't help but have a spring in my step when I went to the pharmacy to pick up Rosalie's chemotherapy. I told the pharmacist that no offense, but it would be great if I never had to see him again! :)

Please join me in praying that this really is Rosalie's last round.

Love,
Carolyn

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray with you!
Our best wishes and love
Catherine B.

Anonymous said...

My siblings and I span 11 years between us. That's 2 nonstop decades of teenage-dom! After my dad came home from my youngest sister's final parent-teacher conference, he sighed, "I love you guys, but I hope to one day live in an adolescent-free zone." I'm sure you're hugely grateful for all chemo has done, but not sorry to see it hit the high road, either. Love to all! Elisabeth Snell

Paula said...

what a long strange trip...whatever happens Rosie is well on her way in the road to recovery! Sending happy, healthy thoughts!!!

Anonymous said...

We believe that this is the last round.....and can't wait to join you guys for the big, big, big 'end of chemo' dance party.

Love the birthday photos!!!

Hope to see you all again soon,

uncle paul and cousin jared

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for Rosalie and all of you! What a great team you guys make!!!! You have a wonderful and very supportive extendend family!!! How lucky you are. Keep it up Rosalie, Susannah, mom and dad, you´re almost there.
Love and Light,
Conchita

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!!! Sending best thoughts and prayers.

XOXO
Nicki Mullen

Sarah Woulfin said...

You guys are SO great at taking everything so bravely and positively. We're thinking of Rosalie every day. Hugs, Sarah and Jeff

Val said...

Sending "LAST and FINAL round" vibes your way. Stay strong!!

Love, Val