Here is our "cure angel" administering gold drops of medicine. Since I was having trouble with the idea of giving Rosalie chemo this visual helped me to stay positive. It reminded me that chemo helps cure cancer. My sister-in-law Karen was the one who thought of the drops of gold. Thanks, Karen :)
Not that we were counting down the days or anything.
We'd like to thank the Torani company for making oral chemotherapy bearable for Little Miss Rosalie. Who knows, we may have discovered a new marketing niche for the people at Torani - pediatric oral chemotherapy mixer. That has a nice ring to it.
Our chemo ace - ROSALIE! The empty syringe was the chemo. The full ones are other meds that she takes.
September 10, 2007 - Hooray!
7 comments:
I love it! Looks like Rosie helped in making the poster. Isn't that her writing "Woohoo!"?
The cancer-free prayers are still coming you way!
-Debra
You are all so amazing. Way to go Rosie! Bye-bye boo-boo!!
I am so happy you posted Rosalie's blog address. She is such a beautiful girl and is so strong and brave. It was really nice meeting you today at the SF Zoo. We will be praying for sweet Rosalie that her scans come back clear and she can get her tubies removed real soon.
We'll check back soon.
Eric, Tiffany, Jackson and Faith
www.caringbridge.org/ca/jacksononeil
I'm not the only one reading your words and unabashedly tearing up. As always, your story reminds me of the Center for Grieving Children, a wonderful place in Portland ME where I used to volunteer, and a quote that hung on the door there: "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, courage is the quiet voice inside us, saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" Bless you all. Elisabeth Snell
Good job Rosie! We'll see you soon!
Dirk, Nico and Cy
Carol --
You are rock star Mom and Teacher. Only you could make Chemo fun with a super poster and lots of sugar syrup.
Glad this round is over....
Looking forward to the continuing posts of recovery and normal toddler life...
Much love,
Casey
Bye-bye boo-boo!! You are ALL stronger than you realize! Sending thoughts and prayers your way. I love the golden drops and syrup. Mary Poppins was right - a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down! :)
Healing hugs, Val
Post a Comment