Monday, September 10, 2007

"Bye-Bye, Boo-Boo."

On May 16, 2006, Rosalie went in for her crainiotomy. I was too emotional to see my daughter off into the OR. I choked up every time I thought about how brave she was being and how she didn't even realize it. Per hospital protocol, Rosalie had to be escorted to the OR by the transport team. She was way too small for the big wheelchair. So Mark sat down and had Rosalie on his lap. As they rolled down the hallway I could hear them both chanting, "Bye-bye, boo-boo."

Tonight, September 10, 2007, Rosalie took her last dose of oral chemotherapy and told us those same words, "Bye-bye, boo-boo."

She is something else, that kid. We are so proud of how well she has taken this journey by storm. So tonight I invite all of you to join the chorus: "BYE-BYE, BOO-BOO!"


May 2006

September 2007

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Bye Bye boo boo!!

I am excited for the next installment of blogs -- Life after Boo Boo.

Sending hugs and good wishes to the whole fam.

Much love,
Casey

Anonymous said...

I have followed this story from Chicago and Maine and I can't tell you how impressed I have been with your sense of humor and your lucid explanations. What a wonderful network of friends you have. I am so happy that Rosie is getting to the end of this treatment. What a kid!
Love,
Ella Mae

Jenica said...

Yay!! I am thinking of that little trooper as always. She's amazing and so are you guys.

Anonymous said...

So happy to say with you and Rosalie Bye-Bye, Boo-Boo.
Now, Rosalie will focus on school, and will do well.
What a trooper she is!
Love,
Catherine B

Paula said...

hip hip hooray!!! Great great news. From now on, let's hope the dollies and stuffed elmo's take the brunt of all boo boo's :) Strong girl, strong family...you all are an inspiration! xoxox paula

Anonymous said...

Yay, Rosie! You gave me goosebumps! God Bless you all!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you! Phew! Finally! Na-na-na- naaaa-bye bye!
P.S. - Your msg. totally made me cry!
Rosie and the Reibels are the best!

Sarah Woulfin said...

We're cheering bye-bye, boo-boo!! What a touching entry...

Many hugs,
Sarah and Jeff

Anonymous said...

Yay! Bye Bye Boo-Boo! Rosalie, you are truly an inspiration and a blessing. Go and do all the things that make you happy, happy, happy!
Love
Robyn and David

Anonymous said...

So, maybe I just cried a little bit reaging that. A new note (official "bye bye" note) will now be post-it-note-ed to the Rosalie shrine next to my desk.

GO, ROSALIE!!

love, kara

fibby said...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes and the hugest grin on my face EVER. I wish a most enthusiastic "so long!" to Boo Boo and hope it never comes back.

It has been heartbreaking, heartwarming, and inspiring to read about your family's journey, and I am so grateful to have been part of it all - even if it was mostly from a distance.

Please, whatever you do, don't stop blogging - I don't know what I'd do without healthy doses of Reibel family photos every now and then! :-)

Anonymous said...

Bye Bye Boo Boo! What a wonderful, wonderful day! Three cheers for Rosalie, and to a truly amazing family!

love,
Gwen and Daniel

Debra said...

Loud and clear, we're all chanting "Bye-Bye, Boo-Boo!".

With so much LOVE and strength your way-

Sidney, Dave and Debra

Anonymous said...

I am so in love with this family !!!!! I used to work (2 years ago) with very poor kids in Nicaragua. Kids who sometimes had no parents and had to start working at the age of 10 or 11. And to see you guys so united and loving with the girls it is defenitly an inspiration.
Your daughters are angels ! I want to be a mother like you Carolyn !!!!!!!!
Love
Saraly