Rosalie is doing a good job making her transitions to new therapists now that she is three. I have mentioned this before, but one state organization, Golden Gate Regional Center, covers therapies for children 0-3. Then other organizations take over on the child's third birthday. SFUSD (San Francisco Unified School District) begins to cover speech therapy and CCS (California Children's Services) covers occupational and physical therapy.
One major difference is that she now GOES to therapy instead of having the therapists come to the house. It is fun for her to be out and about more.
She had a two hour speech/cognitive/social-emotional/self-help evaluation with the school district yesterday. She did great working with the speech therapist and the psychologist. She basically just had to play games with them and they asked me gazillions of questions. I was very happy that they gave her such undivided attention for those two hours.
We are welcoming the sunny weather here in San Francisco. We think that Mark Twain was right on when he said the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco. The fog is getting lighter and lighter and our gorgeous weather is finally coming around. Hooray!
Rosalie has one more week of oral chemo. Please keep her in your prayers!
Thanks,
Carolyn
5 comments:
I hope that Rosalie and you get to enjoy some of this fantastic Bay Area weather. It's nice to hear that the 3+ services are going well.
Love,
Sarah
Sounds like Rosie is doing GREAT!!! I am so happy to read that she is doing so well!. I just spent the weekend at family camp at camp okizu (okizu.org) and think you guys would really enjoy it! I hope that sometime in the future you can go, there are many weekends a year that it is offered, so hopefully you could make it to one of them. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and that this is the END OF CHEMO FOREVER!!!!!
Amber
So great to see you on our blog, Amber :)
Amber is one of Rosalie's fantastic nurses from 7Long.
--Carolyn
One week!!!! You can do it, Rosalie!
Love, Elisabeth
We are counting the days with you!
Love
Catherine B
Post a Comment