Rosalie ready for her first day of school.
Rosalie started preschool on October 11. I can't tell you how exciting it is to be doing regular mommy things like packing lunch and driving Rosie to school. Not that we didn't love the hospital and all, but we all know that preschool is a much more appropriate place for a three year old. Rosalie has loved her first few weeks. She goes two half-days a week. The other days of the week she is busy with all of her therapies. She is able to access the indoor play area very well. The preschool is set on the first level of the director's home. There are 12 students, so it feels so intimate and close-knit. The outdoor area is a major challenge for Rosalie since she cannot walk. I have figured out a way to fund an aide through the state for this period of the day. The director and I are in the process of finding someone to hire for the job. In the meantime I just drive over to help her when they are outdoors. That way she can access the little slide and see saw, etc . . .
I have some more photos of her first day, but I am thinking it is not exactly kosher to go posting photos of other people's children without knowing them. So I'll just wait until I meet all the parents and ask what they think of posting the pics.
We welcome this new chapter with open arms. Three cheers for Rosie!
13 comments:
Yippee!! Congratulations on this momentous occasion for ANY toddler (or parent!). A real milestone, Rosie girl! Have fun at school...there's a lot more of it coming! ;)
And in between all of that, she had time for a manicure! You all must be so happy, Reibels. Elisabeth Snell
Lis-
Yes - the painted nails have been Rosalie's reward for letting me clip her nails! I'd better get some black for Halloween :)
XO,
Carolyn
Rosie I am so happy you get to be a regular old three year old!!! I know you will be walking soon and out there playing with all the other kids!!! We miss your smiling face at the hospital but are SO happy you don't have to be there!!! Have a great halloween, I can't wait to see pictures of you in your costume. What are you going to be???
the last comment was from Amber, I forgot to put my name!!
Amber-
I am going to be a fairy princess!
I'm catching on to the princess thing now that I am in preschool :)
Great to hear from you.
Love,
Rosie
Best wishes for a great week at preschool and a terrific Halloween :P
XO,
Sarah and Jeff
I love that Rosie is in preschool and I absolutely cannot wait for Halloween pictures!!!
Great!
All our wishes for a nice first experience of the "academic" world!
I am sure, that going to school, will speed up the complete recovery of Rosalie.
What is planned for tomorrow?
Hugs
Catherine B
Wow! I can't believe that Rosie is in preschool already! What a big girl! :) Can't wait to hear more about her adventures and momentous events to come. Happy Halloween!!
Val
yay! have fun in school! must be great to be mixing with more kids. love the costumes, too! ~ chaat
Paris and Dante are so happy to have Rosalie at Sweet Peas! Best, Amy
Wow... I'm at a loss for words. How happy am I to see these picture of what looks like the beginning of a "normal" life. This is so great!
xoxo Jenn & Rob
P.S. nice seeing you last week, even under the circumstances. We very much look forward to meeting these two angels one day.
Post a Comment