Rosalie completed her course of radiation therapy on Thursday. Hip Hip Hooray!
She did end up spending Thursday night in the hospital for observation because her cough was making her incredibly uncomfortable each night. Her inhale was making this straining noise that the doctors call "stridor" which is mostly associated with croup. For Rosalie, this awful cough/breathing pattern was not associated with an infection but with probable inflammation in the trachea caused by the spinal radiation.
She was given a two day course of steroids and the difference in her cough/breathing is amazing. She had a good night's rest for the first time in over a week.
We only needed to stay in the hospital for one night and then we came home to a fun-filled day with Nonnie and Poppy.
Now Rosalie has a six week rest period before starting chemotherapy again. We hope that she will be able to relax, restore her health, gain a little weight, and just have fun.
Another rainbow :)
Yonkers, NY
Taken by Ned Smith, Carrie Smith's dad
10 comments:
Hooray! This is great news! Enjoy the six weeks of rest!
Love,
Karen & Brian
Hooray to Rosalie and her supportive team.
Enjoy some relaxing time,you deserve it.
Best vibes
Catherine B
6 cheers for completing the radiation treatments and for 6 weeks of rest!!
Hugs, Sarah and Jeff
Loving the news.
Thinking rainbows!
Love, The Dawson-Rays
WooooHooooo RoSie for getting over this
bump in the road!! Yeah for 6 weeks of
rest & play :)
Love, Cori, Michael & Scout
Carolyn, I got the link to this webpage from Liana Rose who shared Rosalie's story with me. I have such wonderful memories of you from Duke and I am thrilled to see what a wondeful family you have. Rosalie, you, and the rest of your beautiful family are in our daily prayers -- we have every confidence Rosalie will emerge from this course of treatment cured and with the same beautiful spirit she shows in every photo you post! Everytime I see a rainbow, I think of you all and am sending all our support your way. All my best and enjoy the upcoming weeks of rest!
Heather (Abramovitz) Varon
Duke '00
Dear Carolyn,
Debra shared Rosy's story with me some time ago and I am very happy to have finally met you, Rosalie, Susannah and all your beautiful family.
I just want you to know that Rosy is in our prayers every night.
Congratulations for this accomplishment Rosy!! We know you can do this!!
Carolina (Santiago's mom)
I love her sparkly eyes and feisty grin in this picture. And that she is holding a Care bear! Go, Rosie, Go! Elisabeth.
Happy Birthday, Rosalie!!
Dear Carolyn, Mark, Rosalie and Susannah,
Ruby and I are praying for Rosalie every day. Please know that we are always thinking of you. Never hesitate to call on us if we can be of help or support.
With love,
Heather Ramsey & Ruby Aiello
Post a Comment