Thursday, March 12, 2009

Euphoric

Rosalie and I are home from the hospital now. Some of you have already seen the good news that Mark posted.

The scan shows no enhancement. We are literally euphoric. This disease is just so scary and haphazard. We know how incredibly lucky we are that Rosalie's can looks this good.

Thank you so much for helping us the past few weeks. My anxiety level has been very high. Many of you know that I am due with our third child the first week of June. Now that this scan is over I feel as though I can just BREATHE!

A few little anecdotes . . .

The first is that I took Rosalie away from the house all morning to keep her mind off of breakfast. So I'm driving along with Rosalie buckled in her seat in the very back row. And I hear this little, "crunch, crunch, crunch." I look back and realize that she has found a small Ziploc of Cheerios. Probably left over from some other day. This was at 10:10, the scan was scheduled for noon. I definitely thought the anesthesiologist might send me home for fear of aspiration. I called in ahead of time and they said just to come on in. And when I got there they were fine with going ahead with the scan. Just so ironic that here I am doing everything I can to get her mind off food and she finds those Cheerios right next to her.

The second is that Rosalie's face looks terrible after the scan. She is on a medication called Accutane which makes her skin incredibly sensitive. It is typical for the anesthesiologist to tape her eyes shut during her MRI. Well, this time the tape has made these huge welts all over her eyes. It looks like a big mask across her face. This coupled with her healing pink eye makes her look a bit haggard. But haggard we will take ANY day of the week!

And finally, I brought Rosalie into the induction room, she sat right down on the table, and said she was ready for the mask. Sometimes I just cannot believe how totally routine this is for her.

Thank you all for your well wishes and support.

Rosalie, WE LOVE YOU!!!

26 comments:

fibby said...

Congratulations to the whole Reibel clan on lots of exciting news in this update! I'm jumping up and down with joy. xoxo

Unknown said...

Hooray!!! That's fantastic news! Lots of love to you all!
love, gwen and daniel

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad! I'm happy about the new baby on the way. You rock Rosie!

-K.P.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad! I'm happy about the new baby on the way. You rock Rosie!

-K.P.

Keri said...

I am so, so, so happy for you guys. What a huge sigh of relief you must be feeling. Go Rosy, you are truly an amazing girl!!!!
With love and hope,
Keri Jobe

Anonymous said...

AWESOMELICIOUSLY
FANTABULOUSLY
SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICALLY EXCELLENT!
CHAN AND WHINTEY

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Go Rosie! We are so happy to receive the good news about Rosie and baby #3!!!! CONGRATULATIONS all around! We share in your excitement! Lots of love always,
Robyn and David

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Just fabulous!

Tara and Charlie

Anonymous said...

way to go girl !!!!!! i am so happy for this u just made my day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so happy
we have something to celebrate tomorrow !!! for sure
love
saraly

Paula said...

crying happy tears! Such wonderful news :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys. I was thinking of you at noon and hoping things would go well. This is just wonderful news! And congratulations on the baby! I'm truly happy for your family right now.

Love,
Keri Magee

Allison said...

SO great!!!!! I am so happy for you and your family Carolyn!

Elisabeth said...

yay yay yay yay yay!!! This is so so so so wonderful! Can't wait to meet the newest Reibel! xo a million. Elisabeth

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!
Tears of JOY!!
And I didn't know you were expecting... woohooo!!
Congrats!
Love
Cori

Anonymous said...

That's two great news!
Love
Catherine B

chaatie said...

Woohoo!!!! We're thrilled! Way to go Rosie!!! ~ chaatie & bekah

Anonymous said...

Rosalie rocks! Love, Addy, Juna, Kris and Hunt

Oneplusoneplusoneequalsthree said...

yaaaaay to Rosalie and family! XOXO

Betsy Tomlinson and Peter Sillin said...

Yippee! I'm so happy to hear the good news.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Hooooooooray!
- Dan & Julie

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! Pam

carsonld said...

Who-hoo!!! Go, Rosie, go!

Anonymous said...

Yay Rosie!!!! And congrast on no. 3!!!

Val said...

This is fantastic news!! Go Rosie! Yeay Reibels!
-val and jeff

Lynley Walker Ciorobea said...

Yay Reibels! I am literally crying with excitement for all the incredible news. You are always in my prayers!!
xoxo
Lynley

Anonymous said...

WAHOO for the both of you!! I miss you guys and hope to make a trip up north soon :)
xoxo grace d