
Teddy is 21 months now, the age when Rosalie was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It's strange for me to think that up until this point in Rosalie's world, life was business as usual.
A strange thing happened to me the other day. I was going through an old box of clothing. I found Rosalie's shoes. The ones she was wearing the day she had a CT scan that revealed a brain tumor - and the last day she wore those shoes. I turned them upside down to see what size they were when sand fell out onto the floor. It was like I had opened a time capsule and I could see Rosalie playing around in the sand.
It's funny, but if you had told me that I would have a child who couldn't walk independently a long time ago I would have found this very sad or trying. But she's been through so much that I really find myself grateful for the abilities she DOES have. The lens of our life has completely changed.
5 comments:
What a fantastic little story - thanks so much for sharing it Carolyn. We are all so grateful to have Rosie in our lives. Paul
Thank you, Caro. It's amazing how much time has passed and how your perspective has changed. I'm so glad that we've been able to keep up and support Rosie through this blog! Elisabeth
Carolyn, recently Tom told me that the stroke survivors he works with sometimes describe their new lives as "different" as opposed to better or worse. Perhaps, like you, they are seeing life through a different lens. Your ability to adapt and grow and to celebrate the positive is terrific. Peggy
That's so beautiful! I just teared up reading it and I can really empathize with what you said about the lens of your life changing.
Awesome. Those little flashbacks in life are amazing.
Post a Comment