Wednesday, June 14, 2006

June 14, 2006

Rosalie is on the verge of saying something. Two days ago she grunted a few times - sort of an "uhh." And last night she was making lots of little noises. Before this the only noise through her airway was crying or laughter. My friend Carolyn and I were singing the ABCs to her and she was moving her lips in all different directions.

If you want Rosalie to say your name first, then you'd better create your marketing pitch ASAP. I'm predicting that she's going to say her friend Sophia's name - "Afi."

She is still neutropenic and her hemoglobin count was also down, so she received a transfusion two nights ago. Again, I'm amazed at our new normal. They hang blood next to the saline like this is absolutely standard. Luckily, our friend Dirk was staying over at the hospital that night, so I didn't have to watch the blood drip down :) Thanks, Dirk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great news!
Bravo Rosalie.
Looking as everyday to your new posting.
I am truly in thoughts with you. Love,
Catherine Braunstein

Anonymous said...

Lovely Rosalie! Dan and I check the postings every day, and are so glad to be kept up to date this way. Several times a day we pause to send our love to all of you, as now.
Julie Beglin & Dan Horan

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you Rosalie! I must say you look beautiful like always. The fact that you move so much and talk is amazing. Keep up the good work!!! Judah is waiting to play with you again!!!
Joanna