Thursday, July 27, 2006

MRI

Rosalie had an MRI and a lumbar puncture today. The images from the MRI show that no new tumor has grown and her ventricles are returning to a more normal size. The results from the lumbar puncture are not back yet - but it is terrific to hear that this first part of the puzzle looks good.

Days like these are very emotional and difficult for me. Mark was there when she went in for anesthesia and there when the doctors came back to give the preliminary results. I have a phobia about reading doctors' expressions. I absolutely hate it.

I am not quite sure how I will cope with these MRIs every three months. Any evidence of new tumor means that we need to take a different, more radical, possibly even experimental route. I pray that we never need to go there.

For today, we feel relieved and encouraged. Bye-Bye, Boo-Boo!

7 comments:

fibby said...

HURRAY!!! I want to hug everyone in the world! That is GREAT news!!! Now... on to the next big steps like mushed bananas! :-)

Anonymous said...

Carolyn

Ouf! we would say in French.
Keep your strength, you have my admiration.
Love
Catherine B.

JJ said...

I am so glad to hear the positive news!

Love,
Jenni

Anonymous said...

I'm so heartened to hear all of this fabulous news! Rosie rocks! And so do you Mark and Carolyn. Stay strong.

I made a photo album that Judah loves to look at. He get so excited when he sees Rosie's pictures and he's so close to saying her name.

We're all thinking of you...

Julie & Judah

Anonymous said...

woohoo! one of those "no news is good news" moments. So happy to hear of the progress. We're all pulling for you guys. go team!

~ chaat & bekah

Anonymous said...

fantastic!!!! so glad the mri came through well. such a little trooper. You both have been pretty amazing yourselves. Hang in there.

Kathryn and James

Anonymous said...

Dear Carolyn and Mark,
We have been saddened to hear of Rosalie's illness and to know that all of you are experiencing such a difficult challenge. But, we are impressed with your courage and determination and we feel the hope in what you write. From what we hear, you have a wonderful team of medical professionals in attendance to guide and support all of you. We all share your joy that Roasalie has come this far and we will follow her progress. Rosalie has the love and devotion of her family, excellent medical care with promising new medical treatments, and the positive thoughts and prayers of the larger community of friends and acquaintances. Our love and concern to all, Joe and Betty Anne Cook