We are all home!
Nonnie Struthers and Grandma Reibel are both here at the house helping us out as we make our transition.
The car ride home was spectacular - Rosalie kicking her feet the whole time to Skinnamarinky Dinky Dink on a gorgeous San Francisco day.
The medical supply company came yesterday and Mark and I have become Rosalie's new nurses: administering her meds, hooking up her new feeding pump, and Heparinizing her central line.
I've decided that carpets are an excellent invention - they are way more cozy to sit on than the cold linoleum floors at the hospital.
This is an exciting time for us as we embark on this next phase of the journey. I feel hopeful that the stimulation of home will add new motivation to Rosalie's rehab.
Meanwhile, Rosalie receives oral chemotherapy each night - so keep praying that this medicine will destroy any remaining tumor cells.
XO,
Carolyn
20 comments:
We're so happy to hear that you are home!!! That is very exciting. What a big accomplishment. We are thinking of you all...
Love,
Townsend and Brooke
Hurrah!
I am admiring you, wondering whether in such circumstances I could do it.
Best wishes, when I come to SF I will want to see pictures of this glorious day.
Love
Catherine Braunstein
congratulations! what fantastic news!
lots of love. hope to see you all very soon.
Julie
I'm really happy to hear that she is back home, I'm sure too that home enviroment will help her to rehab and for you parents to "take a breath". I'd love to be there to give her a big kiss and to help in stimulating her improvment, send my love to Nonnie Mary and to GrandPa Struthers. My prayers are always there with you guys!!!!
Chiara & Co.
Tears of joy this morning as I am drinking my coffee. I am so happy to hear Rosie is home!! Lots of love to you all. I hope to see you in the PR wine country soon. It seems like just yesterday, we were spending Christmas Day together!! Best Wishes and a great recovery to Rosie. JoAnn & Donnie
I've been without internet for the past week, and therefore without my Rosalie updates. How absolutely WONDERFUL to know she's home safe and sound where she belongs. MUCH love to you all...
Thank God! We are so thrilled you are all together at long last...and excited that Susannah will have her big sister to ogle ...with those big blue eyes. Don't forget to keep the pictures coming in...love and xxx Pops and Merri
Congrats on this giant step for Rosalie and the family- we're thinking of you. Love, Sarah and Jeff
Well, yee-HAW, cowgirl Rosalie! Carpets, Nonnie, music, a sister, and the comforts of home. All such good things! Can't wait to hear about how you settle back into the Reibel Homestead. Hugs and kisses, Elisabeth Snell
We are so happy to hear that Rosalie is home! We have been thinking about you all and sending good wishes your way.
Love,
Tara and Charlie
Great news!! We are so happy for you! Enjoy...
Yahoo!!! Best news I've read today. You have CNN beat hands down. Glad to hear the whole family can be home together!
Way to go, Rosie! I'm sure you (and your mom and dad) will be quite happy to be back in your own home, in your own bed, with your own toys. I think about you and your family every day. If you can, give your mom a special hug from me.
Lindsey
Happy Day! Welcome home Rosalie!
Love,
Jenni
Oh my goodness! What terrific news. We have been following Rosalie's progress from here in Irvington, New York, and we suddenly feel much closer than 3000 miles. Must be that (flying) carpet Rosie's on now that she's home! Congratulations to you all for the incredible courage and determination you have shown. Much love, Tessa and John
YEAH!!
Welcome home Rosalie! That is wonderful news. I check your blog daily and pray for you all the time!!
Sending you and your family constant love and healing energy!!
hugs,
Cori
NICE WORK! Congrats and MUCH Love,
John and Lorea
WOOHOO!!!! WELCOME HOME, ROSIE!!!!
Looking forward to seeing y'all soon!
love ~ chaatie & bekah
Right On, Rosie! Keep your Dad running to the fridge for popsicles and Nonnie and Mom at your side! I'm VERY proud of you. Whenever you are ready for a pizza, just say the word.
love, Dirk
Hooray! Still here if you need any help. XOXOXOXOXOXOX
Nicki Amatore
Post a Comment